Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Beginning again...blog comes home!



The following italicized paragraph appeared here, on this my "blogger" blog (lol) January 12, 2011. As I write this edited post, (1/11/2014) it is one day short of three years since I've used Google's Blogger system. But my blogging history goes back much further. As I said in the paragraph below about my "early blogs" (which I said in 2011), I actually started blogging I think in 2002.

I usually "blogged" as part of my ministry website, thewindstorm.org, but off and on I've used MySpace and a host of other "social networking" sites to share thoughts and what often became my own personal "rants!" Most recently, I used Wordpress. It was free and still is but I have become dissatisfied with the limitations that now accompany the site due to rising costs of doing business as opposed to providing free services. In any case I thought, "Hey, I'll sign in to blogger and see about changing back.

Wow...was I ever surprised! Again, in my welcome tab, I mention that a friend of mine encouraged me to begin blogging in the first place. Blogs from 2002 to 2007 had been stored on the GBlog system. The blogging system used by Google had changed and I needed to "migrate" my old blogs into the new system. When I did, there they were! I perused through them and found that I was as much a "ranter and raver" then as I am now. In any case, I am home!

I may find a way to transplant some of my old stuff here, but if not, well, I'm sure you'll find the new stuff as challenging as all the old. Please read the welcome tab on the home page and then...

let's journey together!

For the sake of nostalgia (on my part), I left the original 2011 post opening paragraph as it was then...

...it begins here -

I've already shared some of this information on my "welcome" tab but just wanted to say (again) that most of my early blogs have been lost. I am starting over with new topics, ideas, and reflections on everything from world events, politics, and certainly faith based issues! I am, without hesitation a Christ - follower! Much of what I'll share really stems from my heart felt conviction that we live at the very door of Christ's return. I hope you think about eternity and where you'll spend it. Maybe we could talk about that one-on-one at some point if you do not know where you'll go when you die...

Stay tuned. Maybe some things I share will challenge you? That would be my goal!

God bless, Woody